Once we leave Rodney Bay, St. Lucia and get underway on our seven months journey to Australia with the World ARC, we expect communications and blog updates will become more difficult to accomplish.
We are about to embark upon the first leg, from St. Lucia to Kuna Yala, (the name the Kuna Indians prefer for the San Blas Islands). Depending on the winds, this should take at least a week, perhaps more. We’ll try to post reports while underway. Uploading photographs will only be possible when we have strong wifi connections.
ARC boats will transit the Panama Canal from January 21 - 27, 2010. Bristol Rose is scheduled for January 25. We're looking forward to the experience and hoping all goes well. We'll be in the company of not just the other World ARC boats but also some seriously big commercial ships.
Friends, family and faithful readers can travel with us through our 4 blogs, especially this one. To find out where we are headed next, check out:
Robert should be able to continue to log our position with our SSB. You can check our location by clicking on:
We may even find time to update our book and movie sharing blog which we have neglected of late:
Our B.Y.O.G. Wine and Food blog wouldn’t be the same without pictures but we’ll do what we can to share the delights of the galley while underway and in the islands.
Look out for different crew perspectives on the Bristol Rose blog when Rex, Elliot and Owen have their say. If you are interested in primitive skills and wilderness awareness of the islands of the Pacific (and recently, the Caribbean) check out Owen’s cool blog:
You will find loads of info on the World ARC plus updates from our fellow participants at the official website:
As well as keeping our own blogs updated, we’ll be sharing our experiences on the daily logs page of the World ARC official site:
Above links are on our main blog; look down the right-hand column and click.
Go to the very bottom of the page and click on the Crew Connection envelope if you want to email. We’ll be looking out for (and looking forward to) your emails and comments on the blogs.
So for now, it’s a couple of days to go and still last minute stuff to do before the fleet sails out on Wednesday at noon. Forecast is for light winds. Let’s hope there’s wind to sail!